Will the Wings try the American experiment again?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Apr 14, 2018.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

After it failed miserably last time, do you see Paul Day trying it again seeing how well it’s worked in Toronto? I’m thinking guys like Matt Rambo maybe getting a shot. Thoughts?

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The rock have 2 Americans
    Ones elite
    Ones average
    The wings were fielding players from men’s leagues

I don’t see the focus going that way ever again
    If the black wolves can field a team with 20 Canadians playing in the middle of no where
    There’s no reason the wings can’t do the same with a major international airport 5 miles from the Wells Fargo center

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

This time they have enough money to fly in some role players if they cannot find local role players that are good enough.

This said, they might have to overpay on salary and bonus for veteran fly-ins, so, at a certain point, they creep up against the operating cap.

4. RockStar

And, it's not an American "experiment", these were scouted guys, Schreiber was already a star in men's pro (MLL).

They were brought to 2016-2017 camp with the thought that they had a chance of making the team.

Schreiber is pretty well uncontested as the best Rock forward this year. McArdle is a role player, but, he's athletic and with a bit of grit, so, in another year or two, he might be better than the Canadian they could change him out for.

So, each team can find a couple legit NLLers.

Doubt you can find 12.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Last time I looked, the Rock are last in the East. So there's that for Day to think about.

RockStar likes this.
  6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

You mean the last place Rock? I sure as hell hope not.

RockStar likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like Tom Schreiber and Kieran McArdle are the reason the Rock are 7-9 at the moment.... Unless you blame it on Schreiber's injury :p

8. RockStar

I'll say that Kieran McArdle is at least as responsible as most of the other attackers.....except that, as a second year Yank project, guys like Hellyer, Jones and Hickey should be counted on for more.

The problem with the offence this week was that Rose didn't make any sick feeds, and the defence corps did not find a way to score the 7 that are needed.

#AllCoddsFault
    #DontBlameManning

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Too bad the Rock didn't sign Rabil to replace Gamble.

RockStar likes this.