1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Wings try the American experiment again?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Those stats also show he had by far the worst shooting percentage on the team. Ouch.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

He’s a clown

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It was the worst on the team. There were defenders with better shooting percentages. When you look at his career, he's .124 in the regular season......even a terrible player like Cody Jamieson is .161. :eek:

RockStar likes this.
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Chris Hall had him playing a "Steve Toll" kind of role......defence, quick up the floor on turnovers, take the shot if it's there.

he was good-ish at this...biggest drawback was that he had an annoying tendency to stay out on attack, and, show the exact same issues that drove Wings fans bonkers.

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Peter Jacob's may have the best scoring percentage for a career... he shot 1 to 5 times a year, but scored on most IIRC.

6. swami24

Searched, he actually had 65 goals in his career, which is twice what I expected, but wiki didnt show shots.

7. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

8. swami24

I was referring to my Peter Jacob's question.

9. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

10. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

yeah but like i have said many times, peter had the scariest shot because nobody where it would go, including peter. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Hollywood42 likes this.
  11. Wings-4-Life

.094.... I think you might have mis-remembered. :p

Edit.... the stats page posted by Wingsnut looked fucked.

If you notice, it says Jacobs had a .094 shot % in his career, but 7 goals on 33 shots. (Which would be .212) To hell with the NLL stats page.

12. swami24

13. Wings-4-Life

Didn't even notice all the missing years. The NLL website is so lame. It looks like Pointstreak only records shots dating back to 2005, so that's probably why.

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Minor League Baseball's site is the same way in that it only goes back to 2005.

Which leads me to wanting to tell this story. A few weeks ago, I e-mailed the International League to ask them if they had a book or a website where I could access some old standings and stats for a baseball book that I'm writing. I was told they don't, and they referred me to a book written in the 1950s to find what I was looking for o_O I bought the book, and it's a great book, but I'm a tad surprised a Triple-A minor league doesn't have a media guide or something available for media (and fans who like stats) to buy. At least the NLL trumps the IL in that department :p

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

For a moment there, I thought we were talking about this Pete Jacobs -- http://nll_stats.wttstats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=1628562&seasonid=2890

He took the last shot on goal for Portland as time was running out in a 14-13 game in the 2008 Cup final. He was only 19 at the time, he played 1 more year in the NLL and then disappeared.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I see the Knighthawks traded for him before the 2010 season. I wonder what happened....

17. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Rabil gets talked about way too much for the type of impact he'd actually have on the floor. Now, marketing is another story. I think Rabil is certainly good enough to play in this league. He's better than a lot of people on the boards act like he is but not as good as you'd expect based on his name and the brand he brings. I just think it would be beneficial for the league to have him around again to get a bit more U.S. interest. The MLL is kinda floundering right now, so it would be timely.

RockStar likes this.
  18. swami24

are they off of Espn TV? A quick.search showed only Espn3.

19. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to see if he would even get a second chance since he cried his way out of the western conference then alienated every east team but Minnesota/Georgia and buffalo

20. swami24

So that leaves SD as an option to market a "star."