1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Wings try the American experiment again?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Apr 14, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

That's what I've been thinking too. A city like San Diego is an untapped lacrosse market and it probably be a perfect opportunity for Rabil to market his brand.

2. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

They are locked into a deal with Lax Sports Net for broadcasts, which is like the NLL TV feeds if they were much much worse. The old commish was apparently in charge of LSN at the time the deal was signed, so the whole situation is a little odd. The MLL did Twitter before the NLL did, yet they don't have any games on there at all this year.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The brand is all about hype and Rabil does a good job at that. But if you want to sell a brand, you have to go to where the people are and in the world of lacrosse, the NLL is bringing more than twice as many eyeballs to the games than the MLL is.

If Rabil wants to get his brand in front of more eyeballs, the place to be will be San Diego especially when they travel to Colorado, Saskatoon and Calgary which are each averaging 11,000 people in the stands.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

For as much as we talk about Rabil having a famous brand, I see he has only 76,000 Twitter followers. For some reason I always thought he had far more of a following than that.

5. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Also has 146,000 subscribers on Youtube, 283,000 followers on Instagram.

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I’m getting annoyed

RockStar likes this.
  7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

....but that is just the average Thursday for you, right?

RockStar likes this.
  8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

pretty much haha

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If you want a mobile defender with some shooting ability, I cannot see the value in spending veteran fly-in money on Rabil when you can spend youngster fly-in money (or maybe even convince said youngster to relocate) for a same ballpark calibre player and have a better stash of veteran/bonus money for guys that will contribute more.

If you want a righty attacker who's a black hole, doesn't see the floor, and will cost you big in transition goals after ill-thought shots, there's lots of those out there too that don't cost as much.

10. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

he excels as a transition player but was a nightmare in philly as a pure forward.

11. RockStar

will beg to differ that he does excel - he could excel, but, loses points for the way he stays out on attack and does the black hole stuff.

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

1 championship, 2 finals with rabil, nothing since he left the stealth. they took years to find another in jordan salt.

13. RockStar

gonna say that losing Chris Hall has a lot more to do with their lack of recent success.