Will they ever return?

Discussion in 'Chicago Shamrox Forum' started by Swarmfan26, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Swarmfan26

Swarmfan26 New Member

As a Swarm fan, I always loved when we played Chicago. I was quite dissapointed when they left the league. so is there any chance they will ever make a return?

2. gctales

gctales New Member

No....

3. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

I believe the league - after some of the crap with the Ravens, Sting, and Shamrox over the years - will no longer be selling old franchise rights.

Once a team folds/suspends/whatever other terminology one chooses to use, it's over.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

if you mean a re-run in the windy city, why not? i think that was one the franchise that got taken by the financial crisis. i think think the lioughery's got over extended and given the sudden nature of the implosion, my guess is that their credit line got snapped.

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I know it's an everlasting debate but I still strongly believe they need to be closer to downtown if they come back.

Even if it was a perfect arena for the NLL.

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

no for gods sake they had their carpet on ebay last year

they will never be back

7. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

I don't know if they could get into United Center, where the Blackhawks and Bulls play.

The Allstate Arena is basically adjacent to O'Hare, with date competition from DePaul basketball and the Chicago Wolves (AHL), with Chicago Sky (WNBA), and the Chicago Rush (AFL) starting their seasons in April and May.

But the Sears Centre? In Hoffman Estates way out in the 'burbs? At least Everett seems to be its own town.

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

yeah I agree that might have been a bad sign

9. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110210/news/702109955/

Otherwise any rumors of the Shamrox coming back in the forseeable future are pretty much nonexistent.

10. wingswin

wingswin New Member

Chicago Titans?

11. Wingslax33

Wingslax33 Member

The 2012 Vancouver Shamrox....;)

12. Tom Wersderfer

Tom Wersderfer Active Member

13. captainrex

captainrex New Member

Article

What's this "two time sorta Fann champions" crap for the Cloverz? I'm glad they keep it going, just like the Orlando fans who play in Barber Park on a cement floor.

Maybe Turning Stone will field a team now that they have the rug. The Oneida....(fill in the blank)?

14. Gohawks13

Gohawks13 New Member

I am pretty sure the Knighthawks will be breaking this new rug in in the near future!

15. saugin

saugin New Member

The only return that has to happen is Vancouver.
    As far as Canadian fans are concerned British Columbia and Ontario is ''where it's at''.
    Alberta is OK if you can make it work, but most of the players are imports.

16. AP

AP New Member

Won in 2009, tied in 2010. Wouldn't be right to say "two-time champs" or "1.5 time champs."

Plus I can write it however I want ;)

17. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

yes,yes you can....:cool:

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

19. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

I'm sure if someone approached the league with an immense amount of money, a five year business plan (with sufficient money to support it), an advertising campaign (something which the original Shamrox didn't really have), and a good deal with an arena (Sears Centre is a great facility), I could see the Shamrox coming back. That's my plan if I ever hit the lottery or become a millionaire in the near future.

20. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

That is great and all. However, you cannot force people to buy tickets.