WINDOWS 10 HELP

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

OK, so, while I was home for a week, they decided to "refresh" my PC at work meaning giving me a new machine. Of course, they did not tell me that they were going to do this so I lost bookmarks and all sorts of other efficiency tweaks I had done. So, I am a little irked. That said, the machine is much better than my Win 7 machine which could not outrun a dead turtle.

OK, well I am new to Win 10 and I am on the edge of epileptic seizures because of it thus I seek your help...

In the taskbar at bottom, I may have lots of applications and windows for each application up. When I guide my mouse from one of these raised-from-the-taskbar window avatars to the next, the actual windows themselves disappear or appear. (*) I can't stand it. I just want it to behave like Win 7 (and my Win 7 machine was actually set to "Classic Windows" like an XP...)

So, what can I do to disable this seizure-inducing "enhancement"?

TIA!
    Vin :)

(*) EDIT:

Basically, it is simultaneously auto-focusing 1 window and auto-hiding another window. So, for instance, let's say I have Doc1.docx and Doc2.docx open in an instance of MS Word. When I click on the MS Word icon in the taskbar, I see side-by-side two small versions of these two Word windows (I will call them "avatar windows" because I don't know what else to call them.). If I move my mouse over the avatar window for Doc1.docx, the Doc1.docx appears on the desktop albeit still behind the raised avatar windows, yet the Doc2.docx window disappears. If I then slide the mouse over the Doc2.docx avatar window, the Doc1.docx window disappears and the Doc2.docx window becomes visible, again, albeit still behind the taskbar avatar windows.

I don't want any of the real windows to disappear or come into focus - in other words, no changes to the desktop in the background - unless I actually click the avatar window for the the window that I actually want. That would be similar to the way things functioned previously.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

step 1 - boot into any number of Linux Distros that will fit on a USB thumb drive

step 2 - use your fave web browser to deal with your MS shtt through office 365

step 3 - F Windoze 10 in the ear!

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I don't have sufficient admin rights to copulate with Windows 10.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

who needs admin rights when you can boot a very powerful OS of your own ;)

i hear you.