Wings @ Toronto

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by swami24, Jan 4, 2019.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Wings 0-2 visit The Rock (1-1). 1/4 7:30

Wings struggling to get their first win, and will have to fight like they are on the Titan games to.get it

2. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

When did Rambo get hurt ? He was placed on IR earlier today

3. swami24

Crap. Nothing on the Team Twitter.

4. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Meh he’s been mediocre

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Oh well. Outdoor guy that's a local. He's only here to sell jerseys.

6. Wings-4-Life

Blew it. Not other excuse. The players on the floor had a victory, and **** their pants.

The Wings have the ball with a 60 seconds left, 30 on the shot clock, and a delayed call against Toronto. All they had to do was hold it for 30, and then hold it for another 30. Game over.

Nope!!! Cloutier took a shot with 15 left on the shot clock (45 in the game). Wings then stared the PP with 45 left...... Harris then took a stupid shot with 15 left on the shot clock (30 left in the game) leading to embarrassing defense by Patten and the tying goal. Game was over at that point. It's a shame. Buchan played great, and the team largely did too.... and the game was lost thanks to two dudes seeking unnecessary glory.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

.....that was way too close for comfort. I didn’t think the gold numbers on the Wings jerseys were that bad but they’re definitely far from ideal. Using a bronze color would’ve been better if they didn’t wanna use black, but I hope next year they switch to black. It’d still fit with the color scheme, and would be way easier to read.

8. AmericanRockFan

‘Twas a Buchan shame that Doug didn’t get a win tonight. He deserved better.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  9. Hollywood42

They **** the bed hard f that

10. AmericanRockFan

I mean, at least it was the quintessential stud muffin himself, Tom Schreiber, that netted the tying goal.

11. wingsfan20

wingsfan20 Guest

Too much of their offense seems predicated on outside shots and forcing drives to the net 1v1. Nowhere near enough of the off ball movement that would allow them to get to higher danger scoring areas.

12. swami24

Should have won, but looked like a team . Positive.

13. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was pulling for the Wings in this one. They had it...but just no need to fire that shot that bangs off the post and leads to the break the other way. Those hurt when you beat yourself. It really was a great game and Philly does not look like an expansion team. They could have beat Buffalo in game one and Toronto tonight. There's just a small margin in many of these games.

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

nobody should be proud of that game.....

the single aspect that made me happy was that an underwhelming Wings squad dug deep, and found a bunch of guts to take a two goal lead due to some of the shittiest Rock lacrosse I have ever seen.............and then choked away a clutch time power play to give up the tying goal.

The only thing that could have made that deflate more fun for me would have been watching it happen in a hostile road building.

Otherwise, boring as hell.....only alcohol, and sitting with a good friend I hadnt seen in a while saved it for me.

15. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Great goaltending and defense. Just absolutely no offense.
    Also, same old wings, get their 5 offensive members on the court with less than 15 secs on the clock. You should have all 5 ready and passing by 20 on your shot clock.

16. swami24

Expansion team folks. A F up is not.a surprise, but.still.painful. Every new team just wants to game by game growth. This was better.

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  17. Hollywood42

Why didn’t Day call a timeout the second they won the face off in overtime to rest his top unit and work a fresh pp

Bad coaching blunder can’t happen

18. Hollywood42

and that might have been the worst game I’ve ever seen Jordan hall play and his 0,0 stat line reflects it as welll

19. AmericanRockFan

That first half was boring as hell to watch.

20. Wings-4-Life

Defense and great goaltending is fine (we had it in CGY last week), but this was just both teams with really poor shot selection.

Sigh.... the familiar morning after feeling. Snagging defeat from the jaws of victory.