Wings trade for Crowley

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BanditsRock11, Jan 5, 2019.

1. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

For two firsts.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

But does he care?

3. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

Wow great trade for the wings , not too bad of a price to give up

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

It seemed pretty obvious he was going to hold out for a trade here.

Price wasn't as bad as expected either. This year's first rounder, and a first rounder in 2022. With more expansion coming, this years pick will be at best the 3rd overall.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Ask Bandits fans what it's like to give up 2 1st rounders. We did it twice (Benesch and Cosmo deals), it sucked, the team won nothing and our current GM said he would never do it for any player.

I bet Hollywood42's Crowley boner is out in full force now. :D

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

As more teams join and the talent pool stays the same losing those two first round picks will be hard to swallow for a team already shallow on talent. Buffalo and Minnesota/Georgia proved how that goes.
    A 30 year old forward who can not play out the back door might not have many productive seasons left

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I am not happy with losing this years first, even with expansion. But the team needs his offense and name.

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Do names matter in the NLL? Does Buffalo lose anything by not have the name JT on the roster? Does anyone outside the most hardcore Bandit fan even know Steinhuis has not played this season?

9. swami24

I noticed duck feet was missing. Fans will be happy to have a name they recognize.

10. GeoffS

GeoffS Member

Too much to give up if you ask me. He's good but you can't give away the future like that and I think we will pay the price down the road.

chuckster and WingsNut423566 like this.
  11. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

New Wings making trades like the old Wings. Names only matter to the diehards.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Wanna see

13. Hollywood42

2 firsts for a star player in his prime is robbery
    ESP since the firsts aren’t back to back and 2019 is a throwaway draft with expansion

14. Hollywood42

They didn’t mortgage much it’s only 2 picks mortgaging the future is why the old team is in Connecticut with the bad Merrill deal the awful rabil deal the hideous Dawson’s to Rochester deal

15. swami24

He will immediately be the best player.on offense. And as.a.vet, maybe last night he yells "let the clock run out."

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Hell no. Keep it to yourself.

17. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

Wasn’t the worst trade considering New England probably didn’t have any leverage since every team in the league knew he wanted out of NE

18. swami24

Which is why I would think a 1st and 2 later picks would have been enough

19. swami24

Fortunately, we cant post photo attachments here anymore

20. Hollywood42

Just lemme know I’ll slide into your DM