Wings trade for Crowley

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BanditsRock11, Jan 5, 2019.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

ya know, if I am stuck trading in division....

......If I figure I am fighting you for playoff spots, there is no way I will strengthen your team without weakening it equally or more.

Crowley is a high first that worked out, and he has maybe half a career left. With a five year planning horizon, that's worth more than a first. Arguably less than two firsts, but...you want him, and he wants to play for you? two firsts or he rots on my Rabil list....addition for me by subtraction from you.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Yes you can.... Unless you were only saying that to make sure that Hollywood keeps what's in his pants off of this public and wholesome message board.

3. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

I would assume they talked to him ahead of time and he guaranteed he would show up and be ready to play for the Wings immediately?
    If so, i'm ok with this, they need offense and this could be a good spark.

4. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Since its' Paul Day, somehow both these picks will end up top 3

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

4 point per game average for Dawson right now looking like he’s still got juice in the tank

6. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

Pretty
    Pretty sure you don't have to worry about him showing up :). The team needs some wins now in order to keep the crowd.

7. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

He’s already running camps at the skate zone. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had been shooting around with the team before the trade even happened. I can’t imagine a guy who already lives and works here wouldn’t be a lock to jump in the line up right away. The big question is will anyone be able to get Cloutier to pass the ball to him?

8. Hollywood42

Cloutier is prime trade bait now, they got their guy don’t think they won’t flip him to recoup those picks

9. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

The guy is a ball hog, but I don’t think it would make sense to unload him. But hell, stranger things have happened. What’s mike regan up to these days anyway?

10. Hollywood42

Better yet Kyle wailes. I still have his jersey it’s just still so mysterious that he signed a 4 year deal, played 2 then vanished

11. AmericanRockFan

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyle-wailes-b1937a80
    The guy is a CFO at SmileDirectClub. Not mysterious at all as to why he left the big paydays of the NLL for the even bigger paydays of the finance world.

12. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Paul Day should be publicly tarred and feathered at the Liberty Bell if he trades Cloutier. Crowley on the right side and Cloutier on the left should be a pretty solid tandem on offense for a few years.

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

You're an idiot.

Hollywood42 and Wingslax1426 like this.
  14. Hollywood42

Bro I’m a line cook, you think my alcoholic ass has a linked in to see his profile

15. AmericanRockFan

Not with that attitude, you don't.

16. Bandits37

Bandits37 Active Member

Now now perhaps Hollywood is onto something. Sure maybe in a stictly on-field view trading Cloutier doesnt make alot of sense but think of it from a business/bottom line perspective. You could save thousands upon thousands of dollars a week on craft services by shipping him out........that boy is thick

17. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

I think this was a must deal for Philly which btw we all saw coming in New England. I bet the rumor on the street is that Brett Hickey is on crutches which was stated quickly on the LaxClassified podcast. This might of made things happen now and more why two firsts was the going price. You can see the article that quickly states about the Hickey injury in the link below.
    https://laxallstars.com/random-thoughts-nll-records-wes-berg/

18. Hollywood42

He was coming off a foot injury I believe prior to October maybe he re injured it.. non contact injury

19. sportsfan747

sportsfan747 Member

Brett Hickey placed on season ending Injured Reserve.

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Ah, ****.

To get your season ended without even getting hurt in a game :(

Pity, if he were healthy with Crowley and Cloutier, there might start to be enough goals to win a few and keep the fans excited.