Wingszone Roll Call

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Tank, Mar 12, 2003.

1. dudesgirl

dudesgirl New Member

really late...no one is probably going to read this

Name: Beth

From: Born in Media, PA. currently residing in North Philly..yeah, you heard me

Favorite Lax Players: I truely adore them all but specifically Tommy Ryan, Andrew Martin, Jake Bergey (I miss him!!) and
    Dallas

Favorite Non-Lax Players: Such a thing does not exist

Favorite Beer: hmm...not a huge beer fan but I will take any thing else

Favorite Bands: Ani DiFranco, AC/DC, Journey (no, seriously), etc.

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

Name: doug

From: Born in Philadephia, PA. currently residing in Washington Township, NJ

Favorite Lax Players: a ton but at the top of the list is dallas eliuk although the 1st lacrosse player i ever knew a word about was mike french when cornell dominated the ncaa lax scene and even got an si article

Favorite Non-Lax Players: wayne gretzky, no player has ever made looking so good appear so easy

Favorite Beer: not overly picky, i'll drink rolling rock, bass ale or sam adams

Favorite Bands: being the '70's retro that i am here we go:
    1-king crimson - i have at least 50 concert tapes of them
    2-echolyn - local prog band got screwed over by epic, newest cd is killer, they put on a great show
    3 - strawbs - gloomy & uplifting folk prog w/ tinges of psyche
    4 - jayhawks - even if you hate country music, their first 3-4 albums are masterpieces
    5 - cowboy junkies - super songwriting & margo timmins has a voice like no one else
    6 - genesis up until steve hackett left, the phil collins pop machine killed the band imho
    7 - renaissance - probably saw about 5 of their concerts growing up. uk prog band noted for sophisticasted orchestral arrangements accompanied by the multi-octave throat of annie haslam
    8 - caravan - uk legend that was part of the famous canterbury scene. gorgeous prog/jazz suites w/ some of the tastiest keyboard licks ever
    9 - colosseum - the buddy rich of rock was john hiseman and this band were the creme da la creme of brit jazz giants that blew away all who challenged them
    10- richard thompson - any folkie knows who he is, amd the guitarist that scares the sh*t out of other would-be guitar gods

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

iced earth? if you want a very cool prog metal band try green carnation, therion or evergrey instead. angra holds its own as well. if you are looking for some opera to go w/ your metal -- seriously -- nightwish or rhapsody. of the old school, iron maiden was light-years beyond the nwobhm brethren.

4. laxaddict

laxaddict New Member

Name: Hamish

From: Malakwa, British Columbia, Canada now living in New Westminster, BC (23 Mann Cups and counting) until August

Fav lax players: Rich Catton, Jon Ianucci, Dallas Eliuk

Fav non-laxers: Ole Gunnar Slosjear (sp?), Derrick Brooks, Andrew Merhtens (sp?)

Hobbies: Sports, music, writing, cooking (not in that order)

Fav Bands: The Dry Cleaners (www.thedrycleaners.ca), White Stripes, Idlewild, Pearl Jam

Fav Beer: I like beer :D The darker the better!

5. Chickie

Chickie New Member

Posting withdrawal!!!

Name: Friends call me Trixie

Fav lax players: Cantabene, Cattrano, Donovan, Miller - bunch others

Fav non-laxers: Ripken, Tiger, Ray Lewis, Roy

Hobbies: cooking, sports, remodeling my home, gardening, traveling when I can

Fav Bands: I'm an NPR nerd during the day ~ But I'll listen to anything!

Fav Beer: Right now, anything non-alcoholic! In 8 months it will be all flavors!;)

6. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I think it's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
    The soccer forward from Ajax, now with Manchester United.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003
  7. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Re: Posting withdrawal!!!

Hey, I guess my own job could be considered 'non-profit' since I don't seem to ever make any money...

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Vin's Data

Name: Vin

Favorite Lacrosse Players: Jim Moss, Gary Rosyski, Dallas Eliuk, JT, Gaits

Favorite (non-lacrosse) athletes: Jordan

Hobbies: Looking for job, this board, attending relatives funerals.

Favorite Beer: Fransiskaner Hefe Weiss

Favorite Bands/Groups/Singers: This changes alot. 70s stuff mostly, but I like 80s techno and goth also.

9. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Re: Vin's Data

Hey Vin, isn't that the one with the label of the friar rubbing his belly while pounding back a mug?

10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Fransiskaner Hefe Weiss

Yes, exactly! It's an unfiltered wheat beer. Drink it with a slice of lemon on the edge of a tall pilsner glass. I always seem to enjoy it more in a bar than I do at home. It's a great beer!

11. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Re: Fransiskaner Hefe Weiss

Some Bavarians will do the lemon thing; some will give you a glaring look of disgust.

I had Fransikaner on tap once in Seattle - nice stuff indeed. For heffeweisen, also try Schneider Weisse (the original), Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr and some of the Belgian ones like Hoegarden. My local pub has Hoegarden on tap and serves it in these huge, heavy one litre glass... yum yum and here's my car keys...

P.S. What are you going to do now for your lax fix as that Albany is on their way to San Jose?

12. Jake Clawson

Jake Clawson Active Member

Name: Jake Clawson

From: San Francisco originally, in Denver for most of the last 22 years.

Favorite Lacrosse Players: Only been watching for one year, so haven't really gotten around to getting favorites. I have that unnatural tendency to "root root root for the home team", so I find myself cheering for Brian Langtry most.

Favorite (non-lacrosse) athletes: Believe it or not, I don't follow other sports except in a really vague manner. I go to Colorado Rockies games once in a while, but I'd rather see a "good" game than see "my" team blow out the other.

Hobbies: CD/record collecting, writing, cartoon drawing (thus the name), literacy/GED tutoring (not really a "hobby", but something I enjoy doing)

Favorite Beer: Root. Actually, I don't like root beer, either. You can spot me at the Mammoth games pretty easily: I'm the one pounding Diet Pepsis instead of beer.

Favorite Bands/Groups/Singers: This could degenerate into a ten-page post. Quick short list (old and new) as I think of them. Prince, Herbie Hancock, They Might Be Giants, Interpol, XTC, Miles Davis, Bikini Test Failure, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Talk Talk, the Beatles. Enough. :D

JC

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Fransiskaner Hefe Weiss

I'm a Mets fan. Ever seen the 1986 World Series? Especially Game 6. If so, you'd understand. Probably like 9/28/71. (I think that's the date.)

To me, "it ain't over til it's over" which is when there is a formal press release eminating from the league or the Attack front office.

In the event that the expected happens, then I do not know, but I will post a thread in News and Rumours about it.

PS: I reread my bottle and realized I misspelled: It's Franziskaner.

14. Haftalax

Haftalax New Member

So, you really wanna know huh ??

Name: Tim "Knabber" Knab

Favorite Lacrosse Players: Regy Thorpe, Tim Soudan, Corey Quinn, me, myself, I

Favorite (non-lacrosse) athletes: Casey Powell (just kiddin)

Hobbies: Lacrosse in the morning, lacrosse in the midday and then maybe a little lacrosse in the evening

Favorite Beer: I don't drink.......enough

Favorite Bands/Groups/Singers: Avril Lavigne, No Doubt, Pink, anything by Creed, RockStar's NLL Roadtrip Compilation Vol 1 and 2

Favorite part of being an NLL Fan:

[​IMG]

Knabber da hoping to meet everyone on this board someday.

15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

wtf

Name: John

Lax players: John Tucker, Matt McGeedy, Dallas, Bergey, Hollywood
    Opposing player: Miko Red Arrow

Non-Lax all time: Bobby Jones & Dr J, Mike Schmidt, Bernie Parent, Bill Bergey, Ron Hextall, Dave Poulin,
    non Phila: Patrick Roy,Gretzky, John Elway, Hakeem Olajuwon,
    Ozzie Smith

Other Interests: Softball, Leadership position at church, grilling, vegetable gardening

Beer: Michelob Amber Bock, Molson Ice, Killians Red

Music: vaguely by decade
    50-60's: Jackie Wilson, Tempations, Elvis, Sam & Dave
    70's: Elton john, Bob Marley, Boston, Chicago, Talking heads
    80's: Pat Benetar, Police, English Beat, Blondie,U2
    90's: Enya, Mettalica, Garbage, Depeche Mode, Green Day
    current: Angelique Kidjo, The Donnas, Pink, Shaggy, Sum41

Other props: Brian Setzer, Peter Gabriel, Paul Simon

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2003
  16. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Name: Tom Hoffman
    Favorite Lacrosse Players: Dallas Eliuk, John Grant Sr.
    Favorite Non-Lacrosse Players: Mark Recchi, Pat Hentgen
    Favorite Lacrosse team: Philadelphia Wings
    Favorite Non-Lacrosse teams: Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Blue Jays
    Hobbies: Sports, Traveling
    Beer: Labatt's
    Music: U2, Rush, Robert Palmer, The Go-Go's
    Favorite part of being a lax fan: The Wingszone board and everyone on it.

17. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

Name: Brandon

Favorite Lacrosse Players: John Tavares, Jason Crosbie, and Tracey Kelusky

Favorite (non-lacrosse) athletes: Martin Broduer, Brain Urlacher,Jason Kidd

Hobbies: lacrosse, hockey,basketball,football,golf and baseball

Favorite Beer: Labbat Blue

Favorite Bands/Groups/Singers: Dr.Dre, 50 cent, Tom Petty, Our Lady Peace, and Green Day

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Name: ARF
    Favorite Lacrosse Players: Dan Stroup.
    Favorite (non-lacrosse) athletes: Toronto Blue Jays.
    Hobbies: Working, reading, and investment banking.
    Favorite Beer: I'm straight edge, so I only drink Coca-Cola and water.
    Favorite Bands/Groups/Singers: Chevelle and Rick Ross.

19. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Hah, pretty funny to look back 14 yRs, and see the music that oneself was listening to then.

-We did move that august, 150 yrd from where I grew up
    -Still work for the same organization, as a DP Project manager, but totally different clients.

Music wise, I have mostly been listening to alter rock. Muse developed as a favorite after seeing them. Don't listen to a lot of that list anymore.

Don't drink much beer anymore, mostly Cap'n and diet coke.

20. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Looked at mine, obviously back when I could still drink but must've been before I had discovered Alexander Keith's.