WLA Summer ball - you guys don't know how good you have it.

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by roadrunner, Jul 17, 2015.

1. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Was fortunate enough to be able to catch two WLA games live this week as I was in the LM for vacation.

Both games (Langley vs. NW and Coq vs. NW) were great games. Fast, physical and close. Even a little drama with the game last night with the illegal equipment call on Penney. NW looks impressive when they are on and consistent. Their defense impressed me the most - hard hitting and can push the ball quickly. Clark is money. Also impressed with Bal - fast, sweet mitts and a good point man on the power play. Kids cleaned me out at the Bellies store.

You guys out here have it good. Fantastic summer ball where a guy could catch games 3-4 nights in a row.

May sneak out to catch a game at the swamp tonight as well. Gotta get the wife liquored up early for the pass.

2. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Well the diehards around here know how good they have it. The Jr. A and WLA action here can't be beat and it's a shame that more people aren't more into it. The LEC is a great arena for lacrosse.

If the Shamrocks win it all (again) and the Mann Cup is at the Q Centre I'll be heading over to the island to check out a game or two.

3. theSloth

theSloth Member

Ya, a few of us around here, know how good we have it. I haven't been to many WLA games this season, with my boy playing Inter A, and traveling for field lacrosse. But, the ability to choose from multiple games in a week, is pretty sweet. I can't see any other outcome, other than Victoria playing the Mann Cup this year. And, we'll probably go over for a game or two, as well.

4. wamper23

wamper23 Member

I'm from the East and I think I've got it great. The O.L.A. gave me a lifetime pass for two so whoever drives me also gets in free. There's junior A with Whitby Warriors and sometimes even make it to a Toronto Beaches game although I won't do it again a month after I had a quadruple heart bypass and walked to the Beaches from Oshawa. Took me 9 hours but I had to make a stop for lunch and for supper. since I didn't know how to get there I had three friends on cell phones telling me if I should go right or go left. Holly crap that was 15 years ago and don't think I could do it now. We have Clarington Green Gaels near to Bowmanville. Of course Brooklin Redmen and the Whitby Warriors both play in the IPA in Whitby. I've got a couple of drivers who drive me to Brooklin to watch the Senior B Merchants and even one driver who'll drive me to Cobourg or to Peterborough. I doubt I'll come close to my personal record of 88 games in one season. The only bad thing is the CLAX folding as I still had the Durham Turfdogs to follow. Probably even get to one Toronto Rock game just to buy one of those Bobble head dolls.

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I lived in Peterborough for a couple years for school and fell in love with lacrosse their. The Lakers are amazing and have so much nll talent. Between the ALL and Trent u field team there's lacrosse year round in that City.

If peterborough wasn't a **** show of homeless /meth addicts I'd stay there forever.

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

time for north american mayors to clean up the addicts from their streets.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

My folks live just outside "The 'Borough", but I did not grow up there, not have I spent much time downtown.

There may very well be a drug problem to some extent, but, this is going to exist in any town of that size.....

8. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark is wondering if you were roofying your wife.... Not that that's any of his business.

9. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

I was going to a
    Aard - That might be a good game plan in the future since these days getting shut out is the norm. No experience with that sort of thing so please share with the group.

10. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

For Peterborough the amount of low income , homeless, drug use, and petty crimes are completely disproportionate to the 80k that live there.

There are nice neighborhoods but they are all on the edge of the city. Most of the city is borderline Detroit.

11. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark has no secrets to share, and the less he knows the happier he is.

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

13. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Probs a lot of unreported crime , it's way worse than any other central ont city. Don't know if it's true but a friend told me that there was more methodone clinics than downtown Toronto. The downtown crowd definitely made it seem like it was true.