WLA Summer ball - you guys don't know how good you have it.

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by roadrunner, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I was off by 1 game for each series. Two Game 7s!

2. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

Six Nations has won 3 out of 4 of the past Mann Cups. Peterborough hasn't won in over four years. I'd say there are two dynasties that need to be looked at.

I agree rules about distributing talent might be worth looking at. But for the record, the NLL has had a string of the same teams winning year after year. Rochester then the Rush. Curious to see if the Swarm stay on top now too.

3. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Ya im not sure how the NLL can fix the whole stacked issue, I think most of it was from teams trading every draft pick they have for mediocre... Rush had three frist rounds last year and swarm has a bunch this year.

Might be good to add 4 teams next year with low protection lists to move things around lol

4. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Bellies win 9-8 in Double OT against the Burrards and now will face the Shamrocks in the WLA Finals. Which begin Friday.

That should be a fun series!

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Bellies vs shamrocks = shamrocks in 6

Lakers vs 6nations = Lakers in 7

What do you guys pick ?

6. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

will know better after tonights game. Heart says Shamrocks, head is still not sure.....

7. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

That should be a fun series![/QUOTE]
    I called Lakers in 6 in another thread but I'm wondering if it's actually going to be four or five. Either way, Lakers win.

Shamrocks in 7.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

after the Lakers shut out the Chiefs in the third in game 1, i wondered if this would be a quick one.

game 2 was likewise all Lakers for the last 25 minutes or so, and, they have game 3 back at the Borough......

no such thing as a must win until one team has three wins, but, for the Chiefs, i think Game 3 is about as close as it gets to a must win.

9. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

The Chiefs did fall behind 3-0 to the Lakers last year, only to rebound and win 4-3. But Dietrich isn't much of a GM and hasn't done enough to shore up a Chiefs lineup depleted by injury, retirement and players heading west. Part of me thinks the Lakers go up 3-0, the desperate Chiefs make it 3-1 or 3-2 and the Lakers finally seal the deal. Frankly, I don't know why the Chiefs don't load their line up with as many Iroquois National members as possible and ditch Benesch, BDS, and other aging players for young, fast and rising stars.

For now, hands down, the Lakers are the better team.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm still rather new to following the summer game, but when I looked at the rosters I was a tad surprised how many non-Natives players the Six Nations team has. I always thought they were some sort of Native all-star team.

11. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

The Arrows load up on locals, with a few imports to round out the line up. The Chiefs have played rent a pennant and recruited mostly expensive imports with some locals in the line up. The Arrows are a far more popular team on the rez as a result. Now that the Chiefs are in decline it's time to adjust the balance. Trick is some good players are from Akwesasne and they don't necessarily enjoy time in Six Nations' company :( I'm sure something could be worked out.

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If we were seriously having a conversation about Iroquois Nationals overtaking Team Canada next year, we have to believe the Chiefs could go like 75% local, import a few folks from Onondaga, Akwesasne, and other communities, and, still compete for OLA title and Mann.

I think they could, but, the best guys cannot necessarily relocate for a whole summer season, so, maybe it's just much easier to fill the team with imports.

13. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

RockStar, your point is bang on and the Chiefs use it as an explanation to the locals about why the roster looks like it does. Thing is, everyone knows that players don't need to play a full season to be playoff eligible (a rule I've questioned elsewhere). As irritating as that rule is, it stands, and it seems less of a pain to bring folks in for the 4-6 games it would take to make everyone playoff eligible, plus the playoff run. And it may gave the Nationals a huge edge come world championship time.

I'd also be happy if they ditched Dietrich. He's fine if you want to keep a good thing going but I don't think he's got the moxie to lead an effective rebuild, which is definitely needed. This team just got old and needs tweaking.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Based on your posts, I'm assuming you're a Chiefs fan?

15. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

Moreso a Six Nations fan. I pull for all of their teams.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  16. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

Lesson learned....always go with your head. lol. o_O

Never made it to a game this year, but from my reports they stuggled with consistency and couldn't put a full 60 mins together.

17. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

So if you want to watch a Mann Cup webcast it's $10 a game. So you're looking at potentially $70 and change if the series goes seven games. No thanks.

It's high time the WLA does the NLL.TV thing. I will gladly pay for a season pass to watch the regular season/playoffs/Mann Cup.

18. wacklax

wacklax Member

If they would charge 4 or 5 bucks i would probably watch a dozen games a year. For ten bucks they can blow me. I know how much it costs to broadcast this stuff and it is not that much.

RockStar likes this.
  19. wacklax

wacklax Member

But we are shelling out the 25 dollars per to take in game 1!

RockStar likes this.
  20. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I'll watch the last game after it aired when it's $4...