WLA Summer ball - you guys don't know how good you have it.

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by roadrunner, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

The 2018 WLA summer ball season starts tonight so I figured I'd bump this thread. Here's my ranking of the teams this year:

1. Victoria Shamrocks
    2. New Westminster Salmonbellies
    3. Maple Ridge Burrards
    4. Langley Thunder
    5. Nanaimo Timbermen
    6. Burnaby Lakers
    7. Coquitlam Adanacs

The Thunder won their home opener against the Lakers...in the LEC!

So weird seeing the home team actually winning at home. I need to sit down.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Victoria was destroyed from injuries last year. They'll likely with WLA and Mann cup this year

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Yeah?

I think it's been 20 or more years since a WLA team stole a road Mann victory, and, I cannot see it happening for a while longer.......but, hoping for a war anyway.

4. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Im assuming that if ptbo wins msl they won't have a venue for the arena renovation, so they'd have to play somewhere small locally or drive 30 mins to coburg. Even though it is close I feel like home advantage won't be as big of a factor

If six nation's wins msl , I'd probs eat my words lol

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Peterborough fans will travel en masse probably as far as the OHL rink in Oshawa if that's what it takes......rent the old CLaX rug and you're in business.

6. theSloth

theSloth Member

This looks accurate enough to me. I have to say though, as an avid supporter of the WLA... this season seams especially depressing. Even the top teams are sucking worse than previous years. And I don't really have any interest in going to a game that isn't some kind of match-up between the top 3. I think I can safely predict the Eastern team to easily take the Mann Cup in 4 games.