WTF is going on here people? Increase the Peace!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Meathead25, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

What is going on, posters and posterettes?

It seems that every time I turn around someone is jumping down someone else's throat for something...frankly, it's really starting to annoy me and frustrate and frighten me. The little tranquil site that I liked to visit is no longer a haven, it's more of a free-fire zone!

What's the dilly-yo?

I mean we have people sniping at people for no apparent reason, we have people openly slamming a poster with no subtlety at all, and empty threats of "informing the proper authorities" and all sorts of other horseshit.

What happened to tolerance?

What happened to not calling people cockfags every time you didn't agree with them?

What happened to loving those around you because of their love of The Creator's Game?

What happened to just having a Coke and a smile and shutting the **** up?

I mean, let's get real here, I'm sure there are people that I annoy, and I'm sure there are people that annoy me, but you don't see me (yes, I'm usually the loudest "groupie" at the post game party) slamming people, do you? OK, at least not recently...

I will restore tranquility to myself any way possible, and I'd like to share one of those ways with all of you right now. You can click along with me!
    1. Let's say there's a poster that you don't like...well, make sure you remember their name, and click on "User CP".
    2. Once that page has loaded, scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section and click on "Buddy/Ignore Lists".
    3. Simply enter the name of the offending poster in one of the empty "Ignore List" boxes, click on "Update Ignore List" and voilà! Tranquility is restored!

Come one people, let's remember, these boards are here for communication, not excoriation (though sometimes it is deserved!), and it should be a fun place to be. Name calling and imprecations and threats are not nice and should be avoided at all costs!

For those of you confused my my multi-syllabisms:
    Main Entry: ex·co·ri·ate
    Pronunciation: ek-'skOr-E-"At, -'skor-
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin excoriatus, past participle of excoriare, from Latin ex- + corium skin, hide -- more at CUIRASS
    1 : to wear off the skin of : ABRADE
    2 : to censure scathingly

Main Entry: im·pre·cate
    Pronunciation: 'im-pri-"kAt
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
    Etymology: Latin imprecatus, past participle of imprecari, from in- + precari to pray -- more at PRAY
    transitive senses : to invoke evil on : CURSE
    intransitive senses : to utter curses

2. wingslax

wingslax New Member

F YOU MEATIE!!!! :p ;)

3. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I just like the fact cockfags does not get started out

4. tshirtboy

tshirtboy New Member

please explain

Hey Meat, can you give us the scoop on the word cockfag? I want to make sure I get it right! :rotfl:

5. laxdad26

laxdad26 New Member

Meat, yer harshing my mellow. Oh and Shawn, good to see you pop in again - Carter has STILL not taken off the Salmonbellies shirt - although it's so thin now he's not allowed to wear it to school ...

6. tshirtboy

tshirtboy New Member

Carter needs new threads

Hey Laxdad, I have a box of stuff I am about to send you. Is Carter still youth XLish?

7. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Sorry, folks, had to be said, and I still can't believe cockfags isn't starred out...:D

8. xlax

xlax Banned

I still can't believe cockfags isn't starred out...

That's because cockfags in English translates to roostercigarettes :rotfl:

9. laxdad26

laxdad26 New Member

Yes and he'll be quite excited! Thanks Shawn!

10. JSap

JSap Administrator

Thanks for the excellent post Meathead, and thanks to everyone for the reminder to block ********!

11. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Dammit!

OK, time to find another one to sneak through the censors! :D

12. The Bearded

The Bearded Banned

I would just like to clarify that it was indeed not an empty threat at all. It was not the first time the poster in question has threatened to assault me. In fact if I recall he told me to hold up a sign at the next game and he would come over and punch me in the face. I would not be surprised if NLL4Life would be getting a visit from them if he continues his rebellious teenage ways.

It's ludicrous that someone would be so flushed with anger at someone posting on a message board as to make death threats to them. I agree this board is out of control. I only wish that the board authorities would take action and not just warn the same member time and time again only to be mocked by their repeatedly ignoring the warnings. It is a slap in their face when their warnings go unheeded.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
  13. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Just so we are clear: Has this poster, in any way, shape, or form, done anything to you physically to make you believe that they were capable of carrying out this assault? If the poster in question hasn't, then there is nothing to make you fear the threat and thus, it is an empty threat because there is nothing that could conceivably make you believe that this individual would be capable of hurting you.

This threat to punch you in the face was in response to what? Can you post a copy of what apparently touched off the poster in question? Understand, I'm trying to see this from both sides and would liek to know what set this "teenager" off.
    Well, as you can see, action has been taken. Just do a search for the poster in question and you will see the results of your requests to the board administrators. I do hope the outcome satisfies you.

Please, don't take this the wrong way The Bearded, but I think I know why a lot of people are incensed by your postings here.

It's not so much the content of your messages, those are clear enough, I think it's more the officious, condescending, parsimonious fashion in which your posts are presented.

The latest instance of this was your post in the Stealth Players Stabbed Sunday thread where you gave birth to the notion that a couple of drunk lacrosse players would be dumb enough to go into a fight at 4 on 1 odds.

I am a notorious drunkard and lush, ask anyone on these boards, and I play lacrosse, but even I would not be so rashly injudicious as to engage in the fisticular arts while under the intoxicating influence of alcohol, and I find it hard to believe, or place any credence in the argument that the 8 (count 'em 8!) individuals in question were defending themselves from these, as your post implied, "out of control" lacrosse players.

All that aside, again, my main thrust here is that, while the content of your posts is not all that controversial, the way these issues are presented is the larger issue. Believe me when I say I enjoy reading your posts, and while my responses tend towards the votriolic and bombastic, I do understand and appreciate your pont of view when it comes to the issues that you have raised. Don't stop posting!

Also, the best way to deal with issues like those that you are currently experiencing is to deal with them head on. There once was a poster named Dirty Sanchez...may he rest in peace (and no, he's not dead, I just haven't seen him posting in a while), whom I was having significant issues with, but when "push" came to "shove", even though he was supposedly in Toronto, when called to the mat, he never showed. I'm sure that if the poster you have beef with was to actually meet you, there wuold be no issue. Remember: things said on the internet do not necessarily reflect the individual's actions in real life. PM the individual in question, ask for a meet and see who ends up buying what round.

14. The Bearded

The Bearded Banned

I guess the boards periodically delete posts because looking back through the Knighthawks boards, all posts from a few months ago are now gone.

As for an empty threat, you can never take a threat from an anonymous source that you don't know as empty. For example, if someone posts in a chatroom they are going to blow up their school the next day, should that be taken as an empty threat? I don't know this guy or what he's capable of. Maybe he can track my IP to my home, maybe he can't.

As for the Stealth post (which would be getting off topic here), sheer numbers is not enough to place blame. Maybe the other 6 were not involved immediately but only after the first two began to get beaten down? Thing is we just don't know.

15. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

You are right that we don't know, but as you may have realised already, The Bearded, us "groupies" here will defend our lacrosse players characters from impungment to the brink of death if need be...perhaps alternate phrasing would have worked better. Of course, if one's intention is to light brush fires, the best way to go is an open flame...not that those would be your intentions, of course, giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

As for the threats made by this teenager, realise where they are coming from first: a teenager...yes, those wild and unpredictable creatures that most parents would rather lock in a closet than let them run free...paranoia, in certain doses is a healthy thing, but in excess can cause mental trauma and stress, especially in cases like this.

Have you ever tried to address the problem and solve it? I mean seriously address it, off the baords, as opposed to this public forum? Who knows, it might work!

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Part of the issue is saying things that go against popular opinion. The other parts are the way you say it and the way it is perceived. You can control 2 of those things....the third is much harder.

17. Chilehead

Chilehead New Member

Does it take a clockflag to call someone a clockflag ? Now get the "L" outta here ! :rotfl: ;)

18. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Cocquephag!! There ya go, Meat!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

19. The Bearded

The Bearded Banned

Meathead, I have taken your advice into account but it is difficult to put into reality when people such as Canadan post solely "go to hell" (directed toward me) in their post and nothing else of any content. Each of my posts, though maybe disagreed with, has at least been on the content matter at hand. I've had several posters (NLL4Life the worst and I thank you for getting rid of him) FOLLOW me on the boards just to post "IGNORE THIS GUY HE'S AN ***". Frankly, it's annoying. If they don't want to read my posts fine, but I have asked them many times to please stop following me. They call me a troll but their posts serve no purpose to the boards making them, the trolls.

20. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

Whatare you 5 years old???

Your feelings get hurt when you get told to go 2 hell??