WTF is going on here people? Increase the Peace!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Meathead25, Mar 14, 2006.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

May we officially derclare this a case of panty-us in bunch-ius?

2. threat13

threat13 New Member

Alright, after reading the locked thread and now this one as well in just those two instances and few postings by The Bearded I have to say I'm annoyed. The fact that this thread started out as a result of the locked one is like kindling for a bigger fire. Someone is going to say something that a certain person isn't going to like and get tossed off this message board.

Two things need to be said:

1.) Lacrosse players and fans alike are a close knit community. We fight problems that arise amongst us and are hurt when we lose someone important in the community.

2.) We are a breed apart from the norm here people. Keep that in mind, it takes a "special" kind of person to step out on the floor and attempt this game. There isn't one person on here that hasn't/wouldn't bleed for the sport.

Now some people could be sitting there saying WTF?. Well the point of those two little things was this. We take something that we have such a passion for and start meaningless spats on a message board, yet on the other hand we do the exact opposite once a year to fight an up hill battle against something we can't see. Even though the sight of The Bearded's post may make your blood boil you may have to look at it like this. I'm sure there is one person in everyones family that they just don't get along with, the uncle with the bad hair piece that drops his cigarette ashes all over your couch, over critical parents/grand parents, the drunk cousin that gropes your wife/girlfriend :drunk:, whatever it may be. As great as the urge is to knock their teeth down their throat, you don't, because they're family.

This is for The Bearded in particular. If you walk through life calling the cops everytime someone shoots you a dirty look or leaves you a nasty note you're going to be one lonely man. You have to get some thicker skin or grow a set at some point. :eek:

3. The Bearded

The Bearded Banned

All I am asking is that all abide by the forums rules that you agreed to upon joining when stating your disagreement with me. I may have taken your post into consideration had I only been shot one or two "dirty looks" and instantly reported them, however I receive nerely a dozen per post I make. See my post count, and that is hundreds of rule-breaking "dirty looks". While whether or not I deserve this disrespect is something to be debated another day. However, seeing such flagrant disrespect for the forums would merit proper reporting.

Are you the kind of person that makes fun of the kid that got beat up and called the cops instead of retaliating the next time he sees them? If so, then I feel pity for your community.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
  4. MattBillz

MattBillz Member

Hey bearded, wanna hang out after the game saturday?

5. The Bearded

The Bearded Banned

Sure man how old are you perhaps I could buy you a beer? I will AIM you my ticket information or we could just hang out in the upper atrium lobby at halftime? Where should we meet?

6. swami24

One suggestion, avoid any railing with long drop offs.

7. MattBillz

MattBillz Member

Just send me an IM, maybe we can get some pizza before the game as well. I'll even buy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
  8. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

LMFAOOOOO :rotfl:

haha nice one Swami

Please AIM us all with your tick info Bearded...

9. Herbavor

Herbavor Active Member

Thanks for the effort

Meathead,

First and foremost, thank you for trying to bring peace back to the boards. Valiant effort, especially concidering your the Meathead and wear your name proudly.

There tends to be a big difference between rival banter ( Toronto vs Philly vs Buffalo vs Rochester etc) and just posting to obviously get people pissed off. If everyone can keep to shots that can be taken in fun (ie, what's up with Scoop for a nickname, at least Hoover was cool) we can take shots, but keep the peace. If your post is meant to just plainly **** people off, take it somewhere else.

Finally, if you don't like someones response, instead of beating it like a dead horse, walk away so the threads do not have to be locked and deleted. If your an adult make the first step to walk away, if we in Banditland can only convince Billy Dee to do the same..... (example of taking a fun shot)

10. Avalanche8686

Avalanche8686 New Member

Bring back NLL4Life!

11. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

12. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

There should be a Deliverance quote coming soon. :p

13. laxdad26

laxdad26 New Member

Thanks man, you went overboard this time - gotta love those lax packages from Western Canada eh!

14. tshirtboy

tshirtboy New Member

love to share

It's always an honour to share the spirit of this great game. Hope you and yours enjoy.

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I miss the pre-social media days of the forum.

16. swami24

Absolutely