1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Y'ALL READY TO HAVE SOME FUN TONIGHT?!

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockyMaivia, Dec 8, 2017.

1. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK WISHES YE A HAPPY 2017-18 OPENING DAY!

Y'ALL READY TO HAVE SOME FUN TONIGHT, COCKSUCKAS?!

ONE MORE YEAR UNTIL WE GET OUR WINGS BACK!

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I'm ready... and I'll wang-chung too tonight while I am at it.

swami24 and RockStar like this.
  3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Something that is great is that I will Twitter the Buffalo game while NLLTVing the New England game.

4. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I was born ready! So happy that the season is starting earlier.

5. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Lesssssssgooooooooo

Tonight will be fun but TOMORROW is when it really begins for us 585ers

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I had fun last night even though the Rock lost.

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Looking at the ticket chart, it seems you and 36 other people are going to have a great time.

RockStar likes this.
  8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of making the trip, buying a $10 family zone ticket and then sitting somewhere else in the lower part of the arena. Tons of options. Of course, you could have done the same thing last night in Buffalo (although, with fewer options). Most of the row behind me was empty the whole game and I'm 5 rows from the floor.

9. AmericanRockFan

Not to be a dick at all because I know the Rock will have their own attendance issues this year, but last night has to be the least attended Bandits' opener since 2005 or 2006, right?

As for the Knighthawks, it looks like they're gonna rival Vancouver in attendance this year.

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

It was their lowest home opener since 2005. In fact, they've only had one home game in the last 12 years that was lower than last night's.

11. AmericanRockFan

And the thing is that at the home opener in 2005 you had a sizeable amount of Rock fans that would've helped pad that attendance number that day.

12. chuckster

You're not being a dick but I believe you and W4L are correct. I would chalk that up to being a Friday night game, which always draw lower than Saturday nights, and starting the season a month earlier than most people around here are used to. The 11k are likely tickets sold so it's in the ballpark to say that the Bandits probably have around 9-10k in season tickets.

13. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

The 11K is lower than in the recent past for sure. Fridays are always lower, plus as Chuckster pointed out the season starting earlier is another factor. The Bills are still playing (a home game the day after) so that may contribute a bit also. Buffalo had a rough season before with a lot of home disappointments. They've have to work to rebuild some of what they've lost due to last season. Winning games (especially at home) can only help attendance.

14. chuckster

Right now, there are a TON of tickets on Stubhub under $10 for the game against the Colts. I would not buy a ticket for a Bills or Sabres game from the box office in the short term when tix on Stubhub are going for as little as $6 each for either team.

15. AmericanRockFan

I can't remember the last time I bought a Sabres ticket at the box office. I've always noticed that Bandits attendance to an extent is dependent on how the Sabres, and tbe Sabres secondary market, are doing. If the Sabres are selling out and tickets are hard to affordably get, then people who just want something to do go to Bandits games.

16. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

So does the low attendance make a mark that all of us have said about December games being a bad idea?

17. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

they had to up their marketing, and didn't really.

and, there had to be a point to this - like getting the season over before the weather starts getting really nice.

Starting an 18 gamer this early NEEDS to have this mess wrapped up weekend before memorial day.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  18. chuckster

IIRC, the marketing pieces for the San Diego Seals were promoting a November 2019 debut. That could mean games but I guess it could also mean when camp opens......although, they could do like the Swarm does and run camp in Six Nations or the TRAC.

19. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

4,596 in Rochester tonight. Is this due to December scheduling as well?

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I am betting that Toronto is well on the wrong side of 10K. The only advertising I have noticed is a handful of radio ads, and, e-mail blasts.......to people who mostly represent their past and present season ticket base, I expect.

I 'like' NLL, Toronto Rock, Roadies fan club, and a shipload of other lacrosse stuff on wastebook, and, I have not even seen much come through there........very disheartening, because if I am not seeing it, that means none of my non-addict friends and acquaintances are either........

Another gem - I just typed in "Toronto Rock" on ticketmaster.ca 's web portal, and, next weekend's game was 2/3 of the way down the frigging list!

What they need to do is find a bright Comp-Sci guy and pair him with a bright advertising guy who played this sport. Then, they need to give them a bonus structure where they get a few dollars for every ticket sold above the per-game average and $10 for every season ticket. Then, just get out of their way while they work on solving this problem.