Y'ALL READY TO HAVE SOME FUN TONIGHT?!

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockyMaivia, Dec 8, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I do miss seeing this. If Nick Rose and Damon Edwards could find a way to replicate this, that'd be swell.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Rose has a good stick, but, there are fewer chances per game now that you cannot pass to the goalie in the crease.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I miss that rule. I wonder if Toll would have the success he had with the faster and more athletic transition/D guys we see in today's game. And if that rule was still in place, would that have helped a guy like Steenhuis in his prime add some goals to his numbers.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I think he's a first line defender even today.

In his prime, he was as quick as most of them. His game also didn't require the size and power, his value was his hands and instincts - picking off passes, stealing loose balls, and, knowing when to tear up floor before his teammates actually had possession. While you never would have considered him a shutdown defender to put on a Grant, Gait, or Tavares, he was certainly good enough to check the third best lefty on any team in the league.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  6. AmericanRockFan

He really might've been ahead of the curve when it came to the transition game. In fact, I'd have no problem with them renaming that award the Steve Toll Transition Award one day.

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Except then we'd need to name awards for goalie and defender and ....

8. AmericanRockFan

Eliuk-Watson Award for the goalie.
    Unsure who to name the defender award after.
    Gait-Tavares Award for league MVP.