You can buy shares in the St.Catharines Major A's

Discussion in 'OLA Forum' started by mtbf, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

WANT TO BE PART OWNER

SHAREHOLDER or INVESTOR in a SPORTS TEAM?

You don't have to be a George Steinbrenner or Mark Cuban to dabble in a great franchise. The St.Catharines Major Athletics of Major Series Lacrosse is looking for any of the above. The Double Blue is one of the oldest clubs in the sport with its roots going back to the 1870's.

The Athletics compete in the MSL, [Major Series Lacrosse] the highest level of the Canadian Box game during the summer months. The MSL provides the largest % of players to the NLL. Suiting up in the summer session are such familiar names as John Tavares, Josh Sanderson, Colin Doyle, Bob Watson, Blaine Manning, Aaron Wilson, Mark Steenhuis, Pat McCready, Anthony Cosmo, Shawn Williams, John Grant, Dan Dawson, Pat Maddalena, Gavin Prout and Mike Accursi.

IN FACT currently 18 of the TOP 23 scorers in the NLL compete or have competed in Major Series Lacrosse. St.Catharines Major Athletics have a roster full of current and former NLL players.

The following are some of our current players and their current or past NLL teams

Mark Steenhuis...Buffalo Bandits
    Marc Landriault...Ottawa Rebel
    Tony Henderson...Philadelphia Wings
    Mike Hominuk...Buffalo Bandits
    Ken Millin...Rochester Knighthawks/Toronto Rock
    Pat McCready...Buffalo Bandits
    Matt Roik...Anaheim Storm
    Aaron Wilson...Toronto Rock
    Drew Candy...Buffalo Bandits
    Bill Le Feuvre...Anaheim Storm
    Billy Dee Smith...Buffalo Bandits

Currently offering $100 per share
    500 shares available
    buy 1 or more!

For further information on this unique opportunity contact
    stcatharinesmajors@hotmail.com

Evil Empire Lacrosse is not making this offer. All transactions must be made directly with the St.Catharines Major Athletics.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I woulda been all over this had I known 12 years ago.....

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I miss having an MSL team that close. And that was $100 CDN which would have cost you around $80 US or so at that time.

But in hindsight, the team didn't last in St. Catharines. I think they were sold and moved to Akwesasne and then disbanded after a year or 2.

4. AmericanRockFan

It would be great if Niagara could get an MSL team to play at the Meridian Centre. It's a great little venue that serves its purpose perfectly. I'd gladly make the 90 minute drive there, maybe even on a weeknight, for games periodically if they had a team.

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

How was support for their ALL team last year ? If it was high enough MSL could always return ...

6. AmericanRockFan

I'm unsure of the accuracy of the ALL website's attendance stats, but the ALL site says that an average of 45 people were attending games last year....

http://www.arenalacrosseleague.ca/stats#/248/attendance?season_id=618

I'm gonna hope the Toronto Monarchs don't keep attendance and that that's why a reported 0 went to games in 2017 :eek:

7. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I know most games were in Oshawa for their first season ,so they were recording "home" games that were actually in the shwa.

Im pretty sure every team had at least one legit home game.... Maybe it'll be more consistent this year. Either way it's a pay to play league so they should stick around.